Sunday, January 3, 2016

Introduction

Greetings!

I've started this blog as a place to share my ideas on tactics as it pertains to heavy melee fighting in the SCA (though I may blog about singles fighting from time to time, if the motivation strikes me).  As of this writing I am the Warlord of Anglesey, a very successful celtic mercenary group that mostly resides within the borders of the northern region of Atlantia.  Where as most avid heavy fighters tend to focus on tourney fighting, Anglesey has focussed on melee fighting since the early 1980s.

Every practice I attend, I try to involve melee fighting as much as possible.  Whether or not this happens, we often will discuss melee tactics and philosophies.  As a result, we often find ourselves arriving on an "ah ha" moment (perhaps after passing an INT check on a D20?).  It's these moments that I'd like to capture in this blog.

Enjoy! - Barri of Anglesey

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment